When you first call to set up your initial appointment, please have your physical therapy prescription (if referred by your physician or surgeon to come see us) and your insurance card available when you call. This will allow us to verify your insurance benefits and provide you with an estimate of coverage.
Bring with you on your first visit:
- Directions to the clinic. Click here for printable version
- Insurance card (we will make a copy for your record – required) [Note: Unless paying cash for services. Insurance card not required then]
- Photo ID (we will make a copy for your record – required)
- Prescription (referral) for physical therapy (if applicable) from your referring physician, surgeon, podiatrist, dentist, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, chiropractor, or naturopath. [Note: Oregon allows you to seek physical therapy without a referral – this is called ‘Direct Access’, Most insurances allow this; some don’t (Medicare, Work comp, Motor vehicle accident). We will let you know if a prescription is required or not]
- Past medical history
- List of current medications
- For Workers compensation injury or Motor Vehicle Accident injury, bring any case manager or insurance adjuster contact names, phone numbers, and claim number.
- Completed Patient Intake forms. Print out and complete the patient forms, and bring them with you. If you are unable to do this, please allow for extra time to fill these out upon your arrival.
- Make a list of questions that you have and bring them with to discuss with your physical therapist during your first visit.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows easy access to your problem areas. Click here or see the above FAQs for recommendations
Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete any remaining paperwork, so you can maximize your time in your evaluation.